Sunday, December 18, 2016

Do I Really Need Another Place to Post My Art?

One of the original reasons I started this blog was to have a place that wasn't (ugh) DeviantArt to post my drawings.

But to be honest, I've really grown to love Instagram as a platform to share my art. If you want almost constant updates, click that link back there to go to my account.  But that's just it: I can snap a pic with my phone and post my sketches almost instantly, without scanning and trimming and uploading them.  I've met a lot of supportive and cool people online through Twitter and Instagram and it's a much more positive experience for me that DeviantArt ever was.  

I guess it doesn't hurt to post some stuff here, too, but mostly finished, colored stuff that is already on my desktop.  Sketches and works in progress will be more on the Instagram side of things. Below, you can check out some of my recent bits of art.  Though if you follow me on Insta, you have probably already seen them.

I'm constantly toying with Curt's design.  Since I settled on a rounder style, less angular, I've been much
happier with it, but I actually have a lot of trouble with male hairstyles.  I don't really know why.  Since
this latest incarnation of my comic has them as aging hipsters, I felt like this was a good look, and a bit
of an update on the existing one I'd been drawing him with for awhile, just combed instead of spiked.


The idea here was kind of a punky Batgirl, bright, dyed RED hair, kind of wildly escaping the mask, blue lipstick,
and a punk-rock sneer.  It's pretty quick and dirty, because I just kind of wanted to get the idea out, but I would
like to revisit it, given enough time.  I'm like, super, super lazy about that kind of thing, though.


Here's a panel from my upcoming webcomic relaunch!  More on that in January!  But I am very
proud of this drawing, and I put some extra detail into it so I can use it for promotional purposes.

Just a punk girl.  I really like how the color in the face turned out.

Doc Brown, from my favorite movies, Back to the Future!  The original color is much more vivid, but I liked the
washed-out look whatever Instagram filter this was, so now I consider that to be the finished version, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment