Thursday, May 8, 2014

I Love Pat Gleason's Art!

I get my comics by mail in one monthly shipment, so I am always a month behind.  Obviously it's the highlight of my months, and now that I'm blogging, I want to start sharing panels that I think are particularly awesome, even though real comic sites might have already posted them.

But let's face it, most of my readers are probably friends from real life, and I know almost none of them read comics, so you won't have seen 'em.

Anyway, I love Patrick Gleason's art on Batman and Robin, he's a beast, almost never missing an issue and just killing it consistently.  It's increasingly rare, it seems, to have an artist you like not fall into the pattern of delays or fill-ins, so respect, Mr. Gleason.  Also, he draws a really kickass Wonder Woman in this issue.  Sometimes his female faces get a little weird, but his compositions are so cool, I don't even care.  I really dig how powerful-looking he draws Wonder Woman, ALMOST beefy, but still femine, great use of soft lines.




His fight scenes get pretty crazy, but his "posed" scenes are really simple and cool looking by contrast.


This is probably my favorite panel of the month, Diana has just cowed a rampaging monster, and there's a nice scene after where they give it what it wants.

Edit: Haha...dirty sounding...

No comments:

Post a Comment