Saturday, May 10, 2014

Junk Sale Treasures

Went to the Alerus Center Rummage sale today where people rent booths and price garbage from their attics and garages incredibly optimistically.

For the most part, it's just something to do , and it's kind of fun to wander around and see what there is.  We did find some stuff to buy, a little drill for 5 bucks, my wife got some cheap nail polish.

But then I found a bunch of old Detective Comics issues from the Alan Grant/Norm Breyfogle era, one of my favorite comic runs of all time!  They were a buck apiece, but I got them all so the guy gave me them for 75 cents each!  The only problem was that he didn't have all the issues for a couple of stories, and the last chapters were missing!



But still, great find, and inside one was a sweet 1989 Norm Breyfogle painted Batman mini-poster! That's now hanging in my office.


No comments:

Post a Comment