Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Best Comics

For years, I've done a webcomic called Downfall.  I write it and draw it as time allows, because I'm a big fan of comics and it gives me an excuse to practice consistently.  I'm well aware of the shortcomings in my art, I'm self taught and I don't have the time or probably attention span to get REALLY good, but I enjoy it as a hobby.  I'm pretty critical of myself, so it's hard for me to go back and look at a lot of my own stuff, but there are a few that I really think are good, artistically to varying degrees, but as a little story told in words and pictures, sometimes I think they work pretty well for amateur stuff, and I'm proud of them.

So I'm gonna post what I feel are my personal best examples of comics, because sure it's self-indulgent, but it's my blog about my writing and art, so I can do that.  Also, as I'm putting this together, it's kind of cool to see my art change through a bunch of strips all in a row.

If you enjoyed these pretty good ones, and are interested in seeing lots more mediocrity, you can check out the Downfall homepage for all of the strips, fanart, and more.














2 comments:

  1. The snow panels are pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it took my a long time to come up with a technique for it! Glad you like them, I've always been fond of them myself.

      Delete