Sunday, September 20, 2015

Wedding Program

My friend asked me last minute to design his wedding program.  They wanted something in a comic book style, so I initially thought about trying to do an old school romance comic thing, but I really just didn't have the time, and anyway, that doesn't necessarily translate into the broadly understood cultural shorthand that was needed.


I decided to just kind of go with a simple design, two figures in a heart.  I still think this is the best, and I'll stand by that, especially since I was given ZERO direction, and just set free to do what I wanted, with little time to mess around.  I think it's clean and wedding-y while maintaining a comic book feel.  They also sent me a specific background they liked, so I did a version using it, although I tweaked the colors because it was pretty intense.  I really hoped they wouldn't do this one, because the printing would have been a mess.

The BG they had in mind


They ended up liking the first one, but wanted the colors more of a dark plum or purple to go with their wedding colors, but had I known that, I would have done something different, for more contrast, and not done the color outline, since it just bleeds into the black outline and looks extra thick!  I took the background out of the heart because that would have just been SUPER dark, and just kinda rolled with it.  


They were super happy with it, although they were really attached to that font in the middle one, because they pasted that in, instead of the one I used.  But for as last minute as it was, I'm pretty happy with the original, and it's pretty cool to see your art used and printed off like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment